Mobile Printing: How to Print from your Android Phone and Android Tablet
Networking Cards: How to Make Networking Business Cards
- Things You Will Need:
- Advanced Task Killer App from Google Play Store(Android Market)
- Extended Battery
All “Things You Will Need” items are optional
1. Download the Advanced Task Killer App from the Google Play Store (formally Android Market) – “ATK is often used to kill apps and clean memory.” Many of your applications run even if you aren’t using them, which uses up memory and battery power. You can use this app to “kill” or close applications that are running when you are not using them.
2. Don’t over charge your phone – When your phone is charged, remove it from the charger. If you keep your phone on the charger after it is 100% charged, it will decrease the life of the battery. Don’t leave your phone on the charger over night while you sleep .
3. Use WiFi instead of 2G/3G/4G when it is Available – WiFi uses less battery power than 2G/3G/4G. If you have WiFi at home, set your phone to connect to the WiFi when you’re in range.
4. Change your Battery Settings to Save Battery at Night or During Inactivity – The Battery Manager in your phones Settings, has several settings that can save your battery. For example, you can set your phone to use less battery power while you’re asleep. This setting stops your phone from syncing after 15 minutes of inactivity between the hours of 10pm and 5 am.
5. Dim Your Phone’s Display Lighting – Display uses a large part of your battery, so dimming the lights can help with battery power. Select Settings then Display to use your display settings. Use the Brightness setting to lower your phone’s lighting.
6. Get an Extended Battery – Buying an extended battery helped greatly. That was the best 50 bucks I’ve ever spent (lol). After purchasing an extended battery, you can use your old battery as a back up battery if you’ll be in a place where you can’t charge your battery when needed.
- If your battery is under 30% and you want to prevent the battery from dying, place your phone in Sleep Mode or Airplane Mode until you can charge it.